- Create photo realistic backgrounds and environments to match the overall look of the film;
- Combine painting and 3D skills with knowledge of composition, design, photography and digital modeling to create two-dimensional and three-dimensional images for film with or without the use of concept models;
- Provides foreground, midfield, and background paints for use in 2D, 2.5D, and 3D environments;
- Help with troubleshooting created background components;
- Contribute to the visual and technical attributes of the production;
- Produce or help develop and produce design concepts, including characters and environments.
- Create elements in a variety of styles such as drawings, illustrations, graphics, color harmonies / color scripts, etc.
- Perform tasks such as layout, matte extraction, color correction, paint corrections, live and 3D element roto and assembly,
- Join the visual and technical attributes of the production.
- Specific tasks to be determined project by project.
- Bachelor’s degree in illustration, industrial design or fine arts preferred;
- Experience in 2.5D/3D projection (3D generalist or Nuke compositing experience) is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A solid knowledge of photography is a plus, especially when it comes to lenses;
- Demonstrable conceptual design skills desirable but not essential;
- Skilled at painting photorealistic images using photographic references to create the highest quality digital extensions, skies, elements and environments;
- Strong traditional art skills, including knowledge of color, lighting, perspective and composition;
- Strong artistic flexibility, versatility, ability to match and/or adapt painting style to suit a range of production designs;
- Advanced 2D skills in Photoshop and/or Mari with 3D experience, preferably in Maya;
- Ability to complete work within submission deadlines, while maintaining constant communication with production teams and other CG artists.
- The details above give an overview of the main requirements for candidates to apply for a position in this department.
About the Company
We’re the people behind the effects on countless blockbuster movies like Blade Runner 2049, Wonder Woman, and The Jungle Book.We are scene builders and not just shot makers, with a direct line to the director’s creative vision.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation