We needed an experienced specialist with a strong technical director who can both take over the technical management of game.
- Participate in the creative development of the project;
- Take responsibility for the development of tools and a script library;
- Work closely with other animators on the creation of their animation with the tools available;
- Work and cooperate with all departments in game development;
- Provide the Core Direction team with technical solutions to raise the quality bar of the final product;
- Work closely with the Motion Caption studio team to ensure the pipeline is clear and efficient between Mocap sessions and processing data once rendered into animation;
- Support the Mocap team in processing Mocap data by giving training, developing automation tools, etc.;
- Technical property of the Motion Capture pipeline for creating characters and integrating them into the game.
- Diploma in 3D animation or equivalent/experience;
- 8+ years of 3D animation experience in the video game industry, at least 1 year as an animation technical director;
- Minimum of 2 titles published; New generation experience a plus;
- 2+ years of scripting or programming experience (Maya Tool Scripting a plus;
- Experience in resolving tool or script issues in a timely and efficient manner;
- Excellent ability to organize and structure own work;
- Working knowledge of hardware platform limitations;
- Knowledge of animation software including Motionbuilder and Maya;
- Knowledge of animation pipelines (cinematic and in-game);
- Knowledge and experience in building animation trees;
- Excellent knowledge of motion capture data processing and retargeting;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Excellent ability to give and receive advice;
- Excellent technical knowledge of video game publishers and production stages;
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to illustrate their ideas are essential;
- Knowledge of character creation in a technical sense essential (including rigging, skinning, etc.).
- Demonstrate leadership when collaborating with the various trades (design, animation and programming);
- Ability to work within a team focused on continuous improvement;
- Ability to share knowledge and learn from others;
- Maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected;
- The desire to push the boundaries of video game animation standards is essential.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation