A natural leader who is unerring in his direction, sure-footed in fighting fires, and tirelessly preaching best practices in the workplace. His leadership will drive his team to deliver tour de force results that exceed client expectations while his artists take pride in what they have accomplished under his direction. He firmly believes that he leads from the front, challenges evil for good, and sees through a good cause no matter the difficulties. He has a friendly personality that bonds well with everyone and an exemplary demeanor to become another invaluable pillar of our operational structure. If this reads like a recording of yourself, write to us immediately because we have the team, the projects and the environment to allow you to grow bigger and bigger at what you do best! To that end, we are looking for an experienced Art Director who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Manage one or more teams of junior and senior artists of various ranks on a wide range of projects, including AAA, VR/AR and mobile titles.
- Manage communication with the team and clients on artistic and technical matters.
- Establish and/or improve the artistic production pipeline in coordination with other disciplines and clients.
- Eagle Eye QC to ensure deliverables meet expected artistic and technical standards.
- Effective writer and speaker in briefings, reviews, discussions, reports and problem solving.
- Instill best practices in the team through mentorship and experience sharing.
- Promote the game developer spirit in the team beyond the mastery of artistic and technical subjects.
- Promote positivity and team spirit to build a solidly united and close-knit team.
- Identify and cultivate new or emerging talent, participate in recruitment and planning for staff expansion and career growth.
- Excellent experience in one or more mainstream 3D packages (Maya, 3Ds Max, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance Painter/Designer, etc.) and good knowledge of creating and optimizing art pipelines.
- Strong aptitude in several traditional artistic disciplines to complement leadership credibility.
- Highly organized individual with experience in managing teams of creative minds and effective in collaborating with other disciplines.
- Passionate about game development and demonstrates game sensitivity when making artistic decisions.
- Persuasive leadership in applying guidelines and driving the team to achieve expected standards.
- In line with current demands and anticipating future trends and emerging technologies.
- Bachelor of Arts, Graphic Design or related field, preferred but outstanding portfolios and proven industry experience will also be considered.
- At least 10 years of experience with various styles of play, including AAA titles on major platforms and a proven record of project completion.
- At least 4 years of experience as a senior artist, lead artist or artistic team leader and proven experience in managing a team for more competence and efficiency.
About the Company
Being part of Virtuos means being a creator and aiming for excellence. At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever. That’s why we pride ourselves on constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible since our founding in 2004. Virtuosi is a team of experts – people who have come together to share their common passion for producing high quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm for exploring new ideas and the constant desire to excel in their field. People who believe in success through their dedication. As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has grown faster than its peers in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation