Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- The selected candidate will have to participate and supervise the artistic production of a new IP settling in Montreal. The art director will be the main link between the team of graphic designers, the project director, the creative director and the artistic director of the Montreal studio for a new title in 3D on PC/Consoles.
- Define the art style of the game while respecting the initial creative art direction.
- Participate in the launch of a brand new IP
- Convey expectations in terms of quality and content (sets, environments, characters) to the graphic design team (concept artists, environment artists, character artists, animation team) using relevant visual references, concepts, detailed and atmospheric ambience references.
- Develop high quality standards.
- Supervise and approve the work done by the graphic design team so that the elements produced respect the vision of the game and meet quality standards.
- Ensure the maintenance and evolution of the artistic production pipeline.
- Guide the team and advise it, manage freelancers and outside studios if necessary.
- Reports to the Project Director and Artistic Director of the studio.
- Ensure accuracy of the artistic framework, schedule and budget.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as an Art Director, Senior Concept Artist, or Lead Artist on AAA console/PC projects
- Excellent artistic and technical skills (concept artist, illustration, high resolution sculpting/modeling, user interface design).
- Mastery of 2D/3D graphic production tools. Knowledge of compositing tools and rendering engines, an asset.
- Technical expertise with the main graphics engines on the market.
- Able to adapt to different data management/tracking systems (SVN Tortoise, Perforce, etc.).
- Have already participated in the launch of a new IP
Skills and Profile
- Passionate about video games and keen interest in photorealistic/cinematic styles.
- Demonstrates proficiency in illustration, animation, and graphic design with versatility for backgrounds, characters, and UI elements.
- Has excellent knowledge of anatomy and design principles.
- Has a positive experience in developing, coaching and managing teams of multidisciplinary graphic designers.
- Excellent knowledge/philosophy of the realities of game development and production from a technical and conceptual perspective.
- Communicator and diplomat. Can mobilize and inspire a team.
- Sharp and critical look, able to express his ideas.
- Independent, rigorous and endowed with an excellent sense of organization.
Why to enter Here:
- Because you want to live an exceptional experience, within a company in constant evolution!
- Because you want to work with talented colleagues and industry pioneers!
- Because the idea of opening your horizons to an international culture and sharing knowledge with colleagues on the other side of the world enchants you!
- Or simply because you are looking for a place where it is good to work!
About The Company
A leader in the creation and publishing of games, Gameloft® has positioned itself since 2000 as one of the most innovative companies in its field. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are ranked in the “Top 10 most downloaded games in the world” according to a report by data.ai. Gameloft has its own franchises such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter, and also works in collaboration with the biggest international rights holders, including LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® .Lamborghini® or even Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in more than 100 countries and has 3,600 employees worldwide. Each month, 58 million unique users can be reached by advertisers with Gameloft for brands, a B2B offer dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi group company.