The Hinterland is growing and the complexity of our operations as a game developer, intellectual property creator and entertainment company is increasing. Therefore, our CEO – who is also the studio’s creative director – needs a trusted partner to help him with the day-to-day running of the business.
The ideal partner is an experienced game developer and operations and logistics expert who can complement the CEO’s creative and core vision for the games and intellectual property created and produced at Hinterland. The COO should be passionate about planning, resource management, change management and risk mitigation, organizational design, production framework and most importantly should be dedicated to maintaining the work culture with high autonomy and high responsibility for the hinterland.
Collaborate with the CEO to articulate corporate strategy and take responsibility for its execution in collaboration with a variety of leaders and internal teams.
The answers of today or yesterday may not be the right answers for tomorrow, and the primary role of the COO in the business is to help ask questions, streamline tools and processes, and collaborate with stakeholders from various groups to ensure that growth does not deteriorate. quality. of life for the members of our team and for our players.
The ideal candidate will be deeply passionate about improvement, excellence and caring for others. In this role, you will partner with the CEO to ensure that Hinterland becomes a leader in creativity, innovation, culture, product quality, customer satisfaction and employee engagement, to the gaming industry and the entertainment industry in general. They will also be comfortable working at the tactical and strategic levels, willing and able to step in and get their hands dirty when needed, and also able to step back to see the bigger picture. Flexible, passionate, forward thinking, quality conscious and a strong advocate for people and goals – these are the qualities we look for in the COO.
- To be successful in this role, we are looking for a candidate with the following experience:
- Proven track record in leading projects and teams at a medium to large game developer or publisher.
- At some point in their career, they delivered several high-quality video games.
- Experience collaborating and managing financial teams and processes.
- Experience leading and working with People & Culture teams, including establishing clear processes around hiring, training, retention, etc.
- Experience collaborating and supporting with studio and creative leadership.
- Experience in establishing clear processes and overseeing operations, administration and IT teams.
- Experience planning and allocating studio resources (people, finances, facilities, etc.) to achieve specific plans.
- Experience implementing clear processes and tools for team communication across multiple projects and business areas.
Good assets for this role include:
- Experience with independent and publisher-owned game developers.
- Experience overseeing the publishing and release of video games.
Annual Budget Scale:
CA$175,000-200,000, + stock options.
Within easy commuting distance of Vancouver or Victoria, BC to facilitate regular (weekly) face-to-face meetings with the CEO. Immigration and resettlement assistance is available.
TO KNOW MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE POSITION CLICK BELOW
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation