Reporting to the Creative Lead, you will be a key partner in the execution and development of Soda’s level design, gameplay, and economy. A leader and role model in the Kingdom for your craft, working closely with other creative leaders across the business to innovate and inspire.
- Collaborate with other craft leaders within the organization to develop and evangelize a cohesive creative vision for Soda.
- Help teams solve design challenges while guiding them through their vision and inspiring them to create best-in-class experiences.
- Develop craft practices and remodel, translating product strategy into vision and design pillars.
- Act as a thought leader in best practices and design workflows, actively championing and leading the areas of rapid prototyping, balancing, optimization and design iteration.
- Inspire, encourage and mentor Soda’s game designers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product, UX, Art, Technology and Production, to identify and implement strategies that meet the needs of the players, the game, the team and Soda.
- Demonstrated experience as a visionary leader in game design, with a particular focus on level design or economy and systems design.
- Creative and strategic problem solver with a scientific design mentality, unafraid to optimize and experiment to achieve the best results.
- Astute understanding of emerging gaming trends, bonus for the excitement around the free-to-play mobile games market.
- Ability to communicate creative vision, processes, decisions and rationales to team members and cross-functional collaborators in a way that inspires and motivates.
- Enthusiasm for mentoring and growing talent, with curiosity and a thirst for learning.
- Work in a combining environment with complex team dynamics. Be comfortable translating craft language to communicate with a wide variety of teams.
- Good emotional capabilities, with an ability to create influence and understanding in large organizations.
About the King
King is a leading interactive entertainment company in the mobile world, with people around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users in Q4 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc.