The Game Designer will collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams to design, create, iterate and balance the player experience. They will work with the creative director to find the fun and create a revolutionary genre-defining game. The game designer is expected to be well versed in turn-based strategy and tactical games and be able to translate this knowledge into actionable and forward-thinking gameplay designs.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Design and evangelize gameplay systems and features
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and other prospects to create rewarding player experiences
- Facilitate interdisciplinary communication through clear and up-to-date documentation
- Create detailed design documentation for gameplay features
- Shepherd designs from concept to implementation
- Interpret feedback and telemetry to fine-tune and balance game systems
- Create and iterate on systems designs and functionality
- Provide, receive and implement clear and constructive criticism
- Work independently and with other designers and technical teams
- 3+ years of gaming experience
- Experience designing complex gaming systems
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of Unreal 4
- Proficiency in the implementation of visual tools and scripts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both individually and in a team
- Experience in creating design documentation
Bit Reactor, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, gender, orientation gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, status of disability, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Bit Reactor prefers to hire candidates who wish to Relocate to Hunt Valley, MD, but is open to remote options.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation