Rebellion North is looking for a talented Graduate Character Artist to work on Rebellion games as well as trusted industry partners on genre-defining AAA IPs. You will have the opportunity to join an ambitious team working on several projects using different engines, including Unreal 5. Join us as we aim for the stars!
You will join the talented studio Rebellion North based in Wakefield. Rebellion North is a dynamic and growing team that loves challenges and surpasses itself. Our friendly and inclusive studio culture fosters an environment where all team members can reach their potential as quickly as possible.
We’re looking for a Graduate Character Artist to join our growing Rebellion North Art Team to work on a mix of new, unannounced Rebellion games and with trusted industry partners on genre-defining games!
The successful candidate will work on creating various characters on exciting unannounced titles. Our dynamic and rapidly growing art team is looking for a highly motivated individual to help nurture the growth of the team and have maximum impact on our games.
- Work closely with other members of the art team to create high quality artwork for ongoing projects
- Track and update the progress of daily tasks using a designated organization and tracking tools
- Ensure the technical and artistic quality of the project by collaborating with senior artists and make changes if necessary
- Support the team in producing high quality character models
- Create additional character models such as hair, accessories, clothing, etc.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the character team to produce assets of consistent technical and artistic quality
- Work collaboratively with the animation team to provide functional character assets that meet any specific animation requirements
- Deliver clean and optimized models, and efficient UV layouts according to the technical requirements of the project
- Knowledge of 3D software such as 3D Studio Max or Maya
- Knowledge of Zbrush 3D sculpting package and familiarity with Substance Painter
- Knowledge of PBR material pipelines
- Knowledge of modeling processes (high resolution sculpting, texture baking)
- Knowledge of the video game development process
- An ability to translate concept and reference artwork into 3D assets
- Knowledge of creating character assets for customization
- Able to create characters with clean topology for rigging and animation
Whichever team you join at Rebellion, we pride ourselves on our open, friendly and creative atmosphere. We love what we do and we have fun doing it! As a large independent developer, we have complete creative freedom on our titles, allowing us to work on a wide variety of projects across all major platforms. Our size, stability, and variety of in-house expertise across multiple industries makes Rebellion completely unique! We work our way and we celebrate that as the key to our success. We foster an inclusive culture where you are encouraged to be yourself, to express your creativity and talent. We are people-oriented and will support you in every way possible to be the best at what you do. We recognize the importance of enjoying what you do and having a healthy work-life balance. We offer a friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with carefully managed projects and a wide variety of benefits and development opportunities for all our teams to ensure that you are fully supported in your well-being. be physical and mental.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation