Rebellion North is searching for a licensed Environment Artist to work on Rebellion games as well as trusted industry partners on genre-defining AAA IPs. You will have the opportunity to join an ambitious team working on several projects using different engines, including Unreal 5. Join us as we aim for the stars!
You will join the talented studio Rebellion North based in Wakefield. Rebellion North is a dynamic and growing team that loves challenges and surpasses itself. Our friendly and inclusive studio culture fosters an environment where all team members can reach their potential as quickly as possible.
We’re looking for a Graduate Environmental Artist to join our growing Rebellion North art team to work on a mix of new, unannounced Rebellion games and with trusted industry partners on genre-defining games!
The successful candidate will work to create diverse environments on exciting unannounced titles.Our rapidly growing and dynamic art team is looking for a highly motivated individual to help foster team growth and have maximum impact on our games.
- Work together the art team to create high-quality artwork for ongoing projects.
- Track and update the progress of daily tasks using designated organization and tracking tools.
- Ensure the technical and artistic quality of the project by collaborating with senior artists and make changes if necessary.
- Help plan environments, keeping storytelling and visual storytelling in mind, while documenting intentions.
- Create environments collaboratively with other members of the Environment and Design team.
- Create functional assets that can be shared across the project within technical and artistic constraints
- Reference game design documents to develop an understanding of the project’s environments, objectives, atmospheres, story, and style.
- Knowledge of 3D software such as 3D Studio Max or Maya
- Knowledge of the Zbrush 3D sculpting package and familiarity with Substance Painter
- Knowledge of PBR material pipes.
- Knowledge of modeling processes (high resolution sculpting, texture baking)
- Knowledge of the game development process.
- The ability to translate reference concepts and artwork into 3D assets
- Understanding of composition and visual storytelling.
- Understanding of modular processes to create complex environments efficiently and functionally.
Whichever team you join at Rebellion, we pride ourselves on our open, friendly and creative atmosphere. We love what we do and have fun doing it! As a large indie developer, we have complete creative freedom in our titles, allowing us to work on a wide variety of projects across all major platforms. Our size, stability, and breadth of in-house experience across multiple industries make Rebellion completely unique! We work our way and celebrate it as the key to our success. We foster an inclusive culture where you are inspiring to be yourself, to show your creativity and talent. We are people oriented and will help you in any way possible to be the best at what you do. We recognize the importance of enjoying what you do and having a healthy work-life balance. We offer a friendly, creative and relaxed work station, with carefully managed projects and a broad range of useful and development chances for all our members to ensure that you are fully supported in your well-being.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation