- Communicate with the game director, art leads, design, and production to help plan and achieve strategic goals for the 3D art team.
- Provide great design translations for characters, environments, and objects following the game overview with an emphasis on stylization.
- Work closely with the Environment and Character teams, bringing their design processes together and resolving visual issues that arise during production.
- Make and lead the development of high-quality 3D game assets using a variety of techniques, including high-to-low poly workflows, hard surface modeling, and organic sculpting.
- Check the quality of game assets and make any necessary improvements to meet technical constraints, technical performance targets, and art direction.
- Lead a team of 3D artists and be an active motivator in team discussions, critiques, and reviews to ensure timely completion of assets to the desired style and bar of quality.
- Document and communicate workflow and best practices to ensure consistency across the art team.
What you are going to Achieve
- Quality assets produced efficiently, respecting the general art direction
- A well-run team of 3D artists who feel informed, challenged and supported to do their best.
- An methodical and expandable modeling and texturing pipeline that can provide a structure for future games shaped by constructive feedback and accomplish solutions.
- Good knowledge of game related to characters, objects, and environments.
- Knowledge in integrating 3D assets into industry leading game engines such as Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, Lumberyard, etc. Unity experience is a desired advantage.
- Excellent skills of modeling programs such as 3DSMAX, Maya, Blender, Zbrush and texture/material creation tools such as Photoshop and Substance.
- Attention to detail for aesthetic and technical quality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all departments of a game development team.
- Commitment to the project and desire to find the best possible way to inspire others.
- Enthusiasm for leading, guiding and encouraging the people around you to give their best.
- A natural curiosity and a desire to learn – we believe this is essential to our ability to stay ahead of the market and we value this through years of experience.
- We hope our leaders continue to study their craft and the gaming spaces in which they work.
- You need to be informed about the latest trends and have a solid perspective on how they relate to our current and future efforts.
Here we aspire to create great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and the way we operate and treat each other. Through communities, we will make powerful bonds and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity, and belonging where, together, our diverse skills, experiences, and backgrounds will have an impact on the games we create.