- You need to quickly understand a project’s requirements and workflow.
- Must be able to work independently as a Lead Game Animator.
- Analyze the workload and break it down into tasks for the animation team.
- Liaise with the Art or Animation Director to understand project direction and requirements.
- Balance hands-on work with team management and support from the animation team.
- Provide their own suggestions to AD and the Chief on various project requirements.
- Learn and use new tools and methods in projects.
- The work must be of consistent quality.
- Self-criticism of one’s own work ensures reduced feedback.
- Able to understand feedback from executives and customers.
- Curious and competent towards team members.
- Research new techniques or software to advance the animation department.
Skills and Requirements
- 5 years of animation experience with a minimum of 2 years in game animation as a senior.
- Acknowledge degree in animation or related training, with a solid and systematic knowledge of the principles of animation.
- Absolute skills in developing game animations, rigging 3D models, and skinning simple and complex models.
- Solid understanding of the movement and behavior of humanoids and creatures, in various styles such as realistic and cartoon.
- Strong technical skills in 3DMax, Maya and MotionBuilder.
- Experience the animation of humanoids and creatures of various shapes and sizes.
- A solid understanding of the animation concepts used, such as demonstrating strong poses, timing, and weight.
- Experience in creating animation cycles, poses and combat animations
- Experience with keyframe cleanup and motion capture.
- Good time management skills ensure work is completed with expected quality and on time.
- Communication and English skills are a plus.
- Experience in face rigging.
- Passionate about animation, cinema and games.
- Should have delivered several games as main or lead animator.
About the Company
Founded in 2004, we are a leading content production company specializing in video game development and 3D art production. With operations in Singapore, China, Vietnam, Canada, France, Japan, South Korea, Ireland and the United States, we have over 2,700 full-time professionals.
Virtuos is on a mission to shape the future of game creation, sourcing the world’s brightest talent in game art, engineering and design, empowering them with technology,… tools and technologies, and by enabling future game creators to collaborate with the best game companies. globally.