We’re launching an exciting new project here at Splash Damage and are therefore looking for a Lead Character Artist to join the leadership team in defining the look of our heroes and villains.
As the Lead Character Artist, you will work closely with the Art Director and Creative Director and will be responsible for creating, establishing, and maintaining high-quality characters for our project.
- Our ideal candidate must demonstrate strong tutoring skills and lead by example: Demonstrate competency in anatomy, sculpture, and texturing with strong general artistic skills.
- As this is a key leadership position, please include a cover letter with your application.
- Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a variety of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity.
- Lead, motivate and inspire a team of creative artists to help them maintain quality, efficiency and consistency through feedback and mentoring.
- Boost visual quality in collaboration with other top artists
- Collaborate with art and design directors to create technically strong, compelling, and memorable characters.
- Manage an experienced character art team: including outfitting 121 regulars, setting goals, looking after the team’s well-being, and mentoring.
- Very experienced and proficient with 3D Studio MAX or Maya, Zbrush and Photoshop
- Excellent 3D modeling and texturing skills with organic materials and hard surfaces.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of human anatomy, proportions, mechanics, characterization, and archetypes.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical construction and functionality (equipment, weapons and robotics)
- Experience with character pipelines and efficient memory management of UVs, textures, and vertices.
- Highly experienced working with multiple PBR and current generation texturing workflows, capable of creating well defined and readable realistic materials.
- Substantial examples of current and past work demonstrating a strong understanding of form, silhouette, form, texture, color, and lighting.
- Understanding of character modeling, rigging and skinning for animation.
- A proactive approach to efficient working methods and maintaining high standards
- Excellent team player, able to communicate, learn and teach.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative problem solving.
- Extensive experience developing character models and textures in a variety of styles.
- Minimum 3 submitted titles accredited as character artists
- Knowledge of shaders in real time.
- Strong foundation of traditional art including, but not limited to, sculpture, design, and illustration, including lighting or color accents.
- Strong interest in games and game design beyond art.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Knowledge of Substance Painter and Marvelous Designer, an asset
About the Company
Splash Damage is dedicated to creating team games that spark friendships as much as create healthy competition and teamwork. We’ve forged lasting experiences within some of the most beloved gaming franchises over the years, and now we’re entering a bold new era fueled by ambitious projects using original and established IPs, a move toward self-publishing, and expansion. to new locations.
We champion a healthy work-life balance and believe our teams create the best work when they have a variety of perspectives and experiences to draw on. We are committed to increasing diversity in our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone’s voices are heard.
We offer benefits of Package:
- Private medical and dental coverage for you and your family, plus 24/7 Babylon Digital GP service
- Get mental health support from our trained mental health first responders or through our third-party counseling service
- 24/7 Employee Helpline offering advice and support on a variety of topics including health, relationships, finances and law.
- 25 days of annual vacation, plus 8 holidays and our annual closure between Christmas and New Year
- 30 weeks of fully paid maternity leave and 10 weeks of paternity leave
- Improvement of company pension contributions
- Our famous social events are open to you and your family to help establish
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation