Epic needed passionate Lead Visual Designers. In this role, you will lead and manage a team of visual designers working on major Fortnite initiatives (e.g. Gameplay UI, Battlepass or Social Systems). You will guide your team to produce well thought out features and systems by generating high fidelity mockups, prototypes, design systems and style guides. You will then work with a multidisciplinary team to deliver these features to millions of gamers around the world.
- Inspire, coach and manage a visual design team (between 2 and 4).
- Roll up your sleeves once in a while and create game menus, HUD elements, in-world graphic design, logos, iconography systems, and motion graphics.
- Contribute to the new Fortnite UI vision we are working on.
- Work closely with UX, game design, code, audio and animation to create stunning graphic design and UI elements. Present and present designs to product managers, developers and stakeholders.
- Work fast and efficiently.
- Collaboration with other UX/UI Craft leads to ensure great communication and stronger cross-team relationships.
- You have 2 to 4 years of experience in managing a team of 1 to 4 people or equivalent training.
- 7+ years of experience designing game user interfaces and/or other visual displays for games, movies or websites etc.
- You have more than 7 years of experience working in Agile environments and within multidisciplinary teams.
- You master Figma, the Adobe suite and prototyping software.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and at least 5 years of experience in presenting to other team members and stakeholders.
- You are user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solution-oriented and innovative.
- Experience with Unreal Engine and design and/or creation of 3D graphics.
- You’ve worked on AAA game titles.
- Unreal Motion Graphics UI designer experience.
- Experience with building materials in Unreal Engine.
About the Company
Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with more than 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops the Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted in industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.
Through Unreal Engine, the Epic Games Store, and Epic Online Services, Epic provides a comprehensive digital ecosystem for developers and creators to create, distribute, and operate games and other content. Epic has more than 40 offices around the world headquartered in Cary, North Carolina.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation