We are looking for an exceptionally talented Senior Level Designer to join our “Is It You?” game team – helping to produce new stages for our players to expose shady mushrooms!
This position involves a lot of responsibilities; As a Level Designer at 1518 Studios, you will be at the heart of the team, regularly producing new stages and working closely with your leader and other disciplines to ensure they are of the highest quality when they reach our players.
Skills and Requirements:
- Plan and iterate on all parts of the level design processes, including but not limited to: level flow, engagement design, pacing, storytelling.
- Hands-on in Unity.
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams on storytelling and create exciting, innovative, and engaging levels.
- Using player feedback to improve the game experience.
- Work closely with the lead designer and project team to create an unforgettable player experience.
- Plan, execute, and refine your levels, from high-level concept to low-level script.
- Use player feedback and design direction to refine the gaming experience.
- Work closely with your prospects to identify and prioritize features essential to creating content of sufficient quality and variety.
- Meet with key team members to ensure everyone understands the goal and plan a content design before implementation.
- Set the standard and maintain the internal vision for what elevates your project content and spreads it throughout the team, especially junior-level designers.
- Create high-level outlines of new content and concepts to quickly convey ideas both internally and externally, ideally using rapid visualization tools (Sketch-Up/Pro-builder) Seek efficiency as possible ; seek to save time through natural crossover, reuse, or alignment of in-game features and content.
- Constantly look for ways to improve or extend the game experience by creating ideas for new mechanics or features.
- Play a key role in the design and development of custom level editing tools and core scripts, increasing and pushing for greater effectiveness of these tools within the team.
- Troubleshoot and help resolve design and content issues or issues that arise during the game development process.
- Native level English.
- Minimum of 3 years of game industry experience in a level/content designer role.
- Industry experience and at least 1 title shipped with a multiplayer component, worked from start to finish.
- Single/multiplayer experience.
- A solid understanding of the fundamentals of level design.
- Level creation experience in Unity.
- Experience supporting other level designers with your technical level design experience – e.g. create metric workflows that ensure gameplay consistency or expose/create blueprint features that other level designers can use
- Scripting experience
- Strong technical and artistic skills: Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Maya, 3DS Max or any other professional 3D modeling software
- Able to create an environment conducive to the emergence and growth of initiatives and ideas.
- A creative, agile and player-centric mindset.
- The ability to work with specific constraints and briefs.
- A deep passion and knowledge of the games industry.
- Can work independently and without supervision at a high level.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills; the ability to work openly with their team and pivot into other disciplines.
- Competitive base salary.
- Excellent right to holidays plus public holidays.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial culture.
- You work with the latest technologies.
- You will work for one of the world’s leading providers of specialized services for the games industry.
About the Company
1518 studios is a video game services company that supports video game developers and publishers through outsourced production services. We started 25 years ago and since then we have grown exponentially year on year to where we are today. Our story is in the game and we are gamers at heart. Since our days in the gaming industry, we’ve worked on over 1500 titles across all genres and platforms, including 8 of the past 10 Game of the Year winning titles.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation