The Modeling Character Artist is liable for guiding a diverse team of modelers, while inspiring and motivating them using prior knowledge, skills, and experience. He (She) will have to work closely with the production team to make strong character models that touch the quality standards of our project while meeting the production schedule.
- Established the best possible techniques and creative approaches to create exceptional character models;
- Make characters following established guidelines so you can move on to rig and animation;
- Plan work time according to the creation stages in order to meet the deadlines established by the production department;
- Work with rig managers and animators to create mix shapes and be able to effectively sculpt different emotions for a character;
- Elastrate control and knowledge of technical modeling workflow;
- Work Successfully with project constraints while creating models in a wide variety of visual styles;
- Actively contribute in team and department meetings.
- Identify that models meet basic technical standards before they are passed through the pipeline;
- Give feedback and mentorship to other members.
Skills and Requirements:
- Leadership who feels comfortable taking the initiative;
- A brief oriented problem solver;
- Creative with the skills to think outside the box;
- Expert to adapt to change;
- Open to constructive criticism;
- Able to work under tight deadlines.
- 5 years of modeling experience;
- Knowledge of Maya and Zbrush;
- Expertise to work on a wide variety of character model styles, ranging from highly stylized to hyper-realistic;
- Skillful to critically evaluate the work of other artists;
- A strong command of UV texel density and UDIM to maximize and simplify the work of texture artists;
- Complete portfolio demonstrating in-depth knowledge of character modeling;
- Previous experience in a lead role in a team of artists is a plus;
- Knowledge of Unreal is a plus;
- Knowledge of Houdini, Mari and Substance Designer is a plus.
About the Company
Squeeze Animation Studios is a leading animation creation company that works with the world’s leading entertainment companies in film, video games, television and immersive installations. Our clients include Marvel, Illumination, Ubisoft, Warner Games, Supercell and many more. Squeeze is also the creator of its own brands, including the children’s series Cracké, distributed in more than 210 territories around the world. Squeeze is a human-sized studio with a great inclusive corporate culture, where remote work is also fully supported.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation