Archetype Entertainment needs an industry leading VFX Artist with strong skills and experience to join us on an exciting, unannounced project! Candidates should have extensive knowledge of working with Unreal’s Niagara or Cascade, Houdini, and the various other VFX tools to achieve the necessary effects for cutscenes and gameplay. You’ll play a key role in defining the overall look of the game’s visual effects through all-natural elements. This role requires a keen sense of timing, color, gameplay, and cinematic sequences to deliver maximum visual impact throughout the game.
- Create a wide range of visual effects in an epic sci-fi universe.
- Deliver high-fidelity artwork through prototypes, iterations, and final stages of development using simulation techniques and effects technologies
- Facilitate and improve VFX pipelines in collaboration with engineering and technical art teams
- Inspire, mentor and encourage other VFX artists as a senior lead or leader
- Five or more years of targeted game development experience as a senior VFX artist or equivalent
- Experience creating content in a production environment using Houdini, Maya and other software; Python scripts are a plus
- Gameplay experience is helpful, along with an exceptional eye for cinematic and narrative sequences
- The ability to contribute, interpret and clearly communicate visual direction within a team.
- Able to collaborate effectively with game designers and programmers, with a collaborative approach to problem solving and prototyping.
- A passion for deep and captivating sci-fi stories and role-playing games.
About the Company
Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new sci-fi universe for our first cross-platform role-playing video game.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation