Gearbox, the award-winning indie developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands, Battleborn, and Brothers In Arms, is searching for a Lead Concept Artist (characters).
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Art Director and other creative leads to help establish the visual direction of the game;
- Create detailed original concepts of characters, creatures and related objects;
- Paint detailed designs on existing 3D geometry;
- Produce inspirational, promotional and marketing art;
- Help create style guides and visual language for the project;
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position;
- Excellent understanding of color theory, design, lighting, composition and materials;
- Strong drawing and iteration skills;
- Ability to work from raw vignettes to polished quality concepts;
- Experience working with multiple disciplines including game designers, level designers, and 3D artists and animators;
- Knowledge of 3D software is a plus.
About the Company:
Gearbox Software is an award-winning independent developer of interactive entertainment based near Dallas, Texas. Founded in February 1999 by gaming industry veterans and led to this day by its founding developers, Gearbox Software has distinguished itself as one of the world’s most respected and recognized independent video game makers.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation