The Rigging Artist will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining a rigging pipeline for characters, vehicles, and props. They will collaborate with the animation and modeling teams to create rigs that will help bring the artistic vision of the project to life while meeting the technical and performance requirements set by the Technical Art Director. They will also develop tools to support and improve modeling and animation workflows. The rigging artist must be forward-thinking and experienced in Unreal Engine’s animation and rigging tools. They will create and maintain in-engine rigging solutions to improve warping and facilitate retargeting and sharing of real-time animations.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Bring innovation to dynamic art pipelines through platforms, secondary movements, tools and workflows.
- Build and maintain body and face rigs, skinning and secondary movement setup.
- Help build proprietary systems for export constraints, custom deformers, secondary motion, and motion capture to the game engine.
- Work with other technical artists to improve workflows and tools used internally by the rigging team
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments such as Tools and Code (engine) teams to improve creative workflows and run animation/graphics systems.
- Work skillfully with the team’s organization, documentation, and rigging mod libraries that can be shared by a large team of riggers.
- Stay up to date with the latest technology/research in the field to help keep our dynamic art visuals on the cutting edge of movement and deformation.
- 3+ years of experience building complex rigs for games or cinematic/visual effects.
- Strong coding/scripting skills in Python, Mel or C++ and a background in 3D math
- Unreal Engine 4 experience (at least 1 title delivered).
- Experience with data-centric rigging and mGear
- Understanding of the human body and facial anatomy as it relates to game assets and topology.
- Experience with 3D DCC software (Motionbuilder and/or Maya preferred).
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to think outside the box.
- Strong communication, self-management and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines and milestones.
**Applicants must provide a portfolio of their work and may be asked to take an art test**
Bit Reactor, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, gender, orientation gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, status of disability, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Bit Reactor prefers to hire candidates who wish to Relocate to Hunt Valley, MD, but is open to remote options.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation