If you are passionate about solving tough problems with direct, thoughtful communication and a team mentality, we may be the right place for you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Produce high-quality 3D game assets using a variety of techniques, including high-to-low poly workflows, hard surface modeling, and organic sculpting.
- Use your professional skills to create stylized characters, with a deep understanding of shape language, anatomy, proportions, and character design.
- Work with the Artist and Art Director to confirm all characters are visually consistent and meet project quality standards.
- Work closely with the animation team to ensure character models are rigged and skinned correctly for animation.
- Collaborate with game design and programming teams to ensure all assets are optimized for mobile devices and meet performance requirements.
- Mentor and guide junior artists on the team as needed.
- Continuously improve your skills and stay up to date with the latest techniques, tools and best practices in the mobile gaming industry.
- Take part in team meetings and provide to the overall development process.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Help produce high-quality, mobile-optimized 3D environments and assets.
- Provide quality reference resources respecting and reflecting the overall artistic direction.
- Contributions to the creation of visually stunning and immersive mobile game characters.
- Effective communication and collaboration with art, design and programming teams.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Thorough understanding of 3D modeling and texturing using software such as May/3ds Max/Blender, Photoshop and Substance.
- Knowledge of rigging and animation is a plus.
- Ability to efficiently integrate 3D assets into the Unity game engine, ensuring seamless integration with overall game design and functionality.
- Knowledge of digital sculpting and high-to-low poly workflows.
- Knowledge of mobile optimization techniques and best practices.
- Ability to mentor and guide junior artists on the team.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Able to collaborate effectively with all departments of a game development team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
WHY JOIN US
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe that we are changing the way game studios work and at the heart of what we do is creating great games that create a connected community.
- It’s not just about making games where you belong. We also seek to create communities to which our employees belong. That’s why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, promotes inclusion and fosters growth.
- Build and grow with an experienced team of accomplished talents who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of the game.
Here, we aspire to create great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and the way we operate and treat each other. Through our gaming communities, we will create powerful bonds and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity, and belonging where, together, our diverse skills, experiences, and backgrounds will have an impact on the games we create.