ABOUT THE ROLE
- Work with product and marketing teams to develop a visual style and overall framework that maximizes the commercial success of our original IP games.
- Establish and maintain the bar of quality for our aesthetic – visual goals, style guides, reviews, etc.
- Help build, lead and nurture the growth of a team of talented artists.
- A visual style that has broad appeal while being distinct and memorable. We aspire that our original IP has the potential to morph into multiple games, genres, and media.
- A set of processes that effectively maintain the bar of quality and encourage new team members or suppliers.
- An efficient and scalable art pipeline that can provide a foundation for future games.
- A highly efficient and committed team of talented artists who push and push each other to their full potential.
- Ability to communicate your creative vision, process, decisions and rationale to team members and cross-functional stakeholders in a way that inspires and motivates.
- Ability to lead a team through a wide range of 2D and 3D visual styles.
- Demonstrated artistic talent and solid understanding of the principles of traditional art and design.
- A solid understanding of the practical implications that different visual styles have not only on art, but also on products, design, marketing, and engineering.
- Enthusiasm to lead, mentor, and otherwise uplift the people around you to do their best.
- A natural curiosity and a desire to learn – we believe this is essential for our ability to stay ahead of the market and to value this over years of experience.
- We expect our leaders to continue to study their craft and the play spaces in which they work.
- You need to be educated on the latest trends and have a solid perspective on how they relate to our current and future endeavors.
WHY JOIN US
- There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We firmly believe that we are changing the way game studios work and at the heart of what we do is to create great games that create a connected community.
- It’s not just about making games you belong to. We also seek to create communities in which our employees belong. That’s why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, promotes inclusivity and fosters growth.
- Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talents who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of the game
Fortis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, sexual status . protected veteran or other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against. on the basis of disability.
At Fortis Games, we aspire to create great games that bring people together while redefining how gaming companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and the way we operate and treat each other. Through our gaming communities, we will create powerful bonds and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, fairness and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds will impact the games we create.