This is a unique opportunity to define the artistic vision for an exciting new project. We are looking for an experienced Senior Art Director to join a new team, push the boundaries of expectations and create unforgettable experiences. As Senior Art Director, you will play a key role in defining, visualizing, directing and promoting the artistic vision, while leading and strengthening our growing artistic team. Working closely with the Executive Producer, Creative Director, and Design Director, the Senior Art Director will be responsible for defining and delivering the artistic vision for the game by unleashing the team’s creativity and striving for visually stunning quality while keeping them in balance with the other aspects. of our project. This role is hybrid and occupies 1 day every 2 weeks in our Horsham studio. This role would consider working entirely remotely in exceptional circumstances. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Define, visualize, direct and defend the artistic vision
- Lead and direct the creation and delivery of all visuals for our game to an extremely high standard
- Set goals, visual benchmarks and standards as a line manager of our artists
- Promote the effective use of modern technologies and approaches, to make artistic creation efficient and effective
- Help the team thrive and grow, to enable them to perform at the peak of their abilities
- Contribute to the biggest franchise and studio-wide actions.
- Gains energy and is excited by the challenge of solving creative, artistic and interpersonal problems
- Passionate about unlocking the potential of our artists
- Works closely with art, creative, engineering, and production directors to deliver the player experience and vision for the game, both in time and in quality
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal at all levels, between different departments and across distinct locations.
- Demonstrable experience in art direction and art production of AAA titles
- Strong team development skills with a proven track record of leading artistic teams to achieve goals on time and with quality
- Able to lead an entire team, ensuring quality and style are consistent
- Deep and in-depth knowledge of the current content creation landscape – from tools to best practices
- Deep and extensive experience with commercial game development tools and engines
- Work closely with peers to align with and leverage engine technical strengths
- Understands continuous improvement and is able to assess and resolve process inefficiencies.
- In-depth knowledge and interest in all things visual
- Formal artistic training with strong skills in traditional art
- Portfolio of personal work
- A collection of professional works spanning multiple titles and genres.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push the boundaries, creating deep, detailed experiences that last.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support and development to realize your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, and include several state-of-the-art bespoke audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family, including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote in country of employment for eligible roles and studio work
- Work from anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as visas)
- Improved vacation pay, maternity and paternity leaves, flexibility with our base hours and unannounced leaves
- Tailor-made relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated relocation specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness insurance and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance and full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, plus all UK public holidays
- Annual Discretionary Studio Bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility program; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development paths and personalized training support, including SEGA Dev Day, in-house masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and participation in global conferences
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Travel loans for subscriptions and work-on-the-bike program with free bike maintenance and discounted on-site valet parking
- Free games and products and access to our extensive games library
- Complimentary breakfast in the studio daily – toast, bagels, pancakes, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully equipped kitchen
- Wellness support with an employee assistance program and confidential on-site sessions
- Heavily subsidized studio massage therapy
- Discounts for home tech, travel insurance, company gym membership, movie tickets, vacations, outings and vouchers from Ikea and many local businesses including agents real estate
- Studio nights for you and your family; such as our summer festival, our Christmas party and a Christmas party for children. We also organize movie days and closing parties for game releases
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation