Squeeze is seeking a Layout Artist responsible for executing the cinematic aspects of their projects. As a “digital camera operator,” this individual will be responsible for framing camera shots and creating basic animations for preview purposes. This may involve character blocking, rough lighting, and effects, depending on the layout presentation requirements.
- Following the director’s call, create camera shots and their movements for all production sequences;
- Establish camera angles and animate when necessary;
- Check the conformity and the continuity of the sequences;
- Work in collaboration with other departments to develop technical approaches for the sequences of each project;
- Assist in the development of a pipeline for the layout department;
- Ensure adequate technical specifications in the configuration of layout scenes.
- Attentive to detail;
- A team player;
- Capable of resolving technical problems;
- A good communicator;
- Open to constructive criticism;
- A DEC/AEC diploma or university education related to the position (3D animation, multimedia, VFX, etc.);
- At least 6 years’ experience in a VFX or CG production pipeline;
- Good knowledge of Maya;
- Good general knowledge of camera, modelling, and animation;
- A developed artistic sense;
- A good eye for composition and perspective;
- Experience in editing, lighting, and compositing, a plus;
- Knowledge of scripting with Mel or Python, a plus;
- Experience in animation, is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience modelling game development modelling environments and props.
- Knowledge in organic and hard surface activities.
- Have delivered a PC, console or mobile title as a character animator.
- VFX skills.
- Competence in one or more related disciplines – 2D or 3D concept design, level art or technical art.
- Application requirements
- Portfolio and/or reel demonstrating the relevant artistic skills required (PDF format preferred).
- Online artwork submissions will be accepted (eg website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to take an art test if requested.
About the Company
Celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, Squeeze Animation Studios, located in Montreal and Quebec City, is a top-notch animation creation company that works with the world’s biggest entertainment companies in film, video games, TV and immersive installations. Our clients include Marvel, Illumination, Ubisoft, Warner Games, Supercell and many others. Squeeze is also the creator of its own brands, including the children’s series Cracké, distributed in over 210 territories worldwide. Squeeze is a human-sized studio with a great inclusive company culture, where telecommuting is also fully supported.