As a Senior Content Designer in our Edinburgh studio, you’ll work within the design team to produce improvised environments and exciting game experiences. You will work with level and game designers, artists and scriptwriters to create interactive and immersive locations in different parts of the game world, to suit all game requirements.
Working with the design and scripting team, you will use and help develop an accessible set of custom level editing tools, which will allow players to create their own content.
You will be involved in all stages of content production, from design and paper blocking to final implementation and optimization.
This position is also expected to be able to deal with other disciplines to solve problems and generate requirements. A senior content designer should understand the best practices and standard techniques of level editors and systems and will seek to learn about innovations within the industry.
- Plan, create and iterate on interesting and visually compelling environments by gathering references and building designs from paper to a polished end level
- Work closely with content stakeholders to ensure gameplay is executed to the highest standards
- Collaborate with design and art teams to create and refine environments for gameplay purposes
- Ability to document behaviors of game tools and features
- Prioritize, plan and manage time for assigned tasks with supervision
- Communicate clearly with other team members with minimal outside help
- Be vigilant and report new issues, delays and risks to the appropriate stakeholders
- A good understanding of level design principles and theories of what makes games fun
- Experience working with a game engine (UE, Unity, UDK or other proprietary), using tools to create environments and/or gameplay
- Experience working in 3D applications (3Ds Max, Maya, Blender, etc.) is desirable but not required
- Strong proven leadership and mentoring skills
- A portfolio showcasing maps or missions created with modern game engines or in-game with player-facing authoring tools
- Self-motivated and determined to solve problems creatively
- Able to plan own work with minimal supervision
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strong English skills (written and oral)
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or Unreal Engine 5 is desirable but not required
- Accelerated AAA games are desirable but not required
Build A Rocket Boy grows ANYWHERE; an experience with an unimaginable breadth of gameplay adventure.
We’re a mix of veteran industry leaders whose credits include some of the best-selling and most-loved games of all time. We are a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest caliber possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired and appreciated in your professional activities, come join us.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation