We needed a Senior Digital Artist to assist our approaching internal and external projects. This person prides themselves on their creative thinking, attention to detail, and knowledge of 3D rendering, character posing, lighting, composition, and color theory. They are passionate about video games and can tell a story through digital artwork that engages and excites players.
Applicants must submit a portfolio of work showcasing a range of skills and competencies related to this offer.
- Create compelling marketing illustrations with exceptional design and layout.
- Translate the inventive briefs of the marketing team into effective and enchant advertising illustrations.
- Create rough ideas, mood boards, and gather recommendation materials to align with artwork from all stakeholders before starting full manufacturing.
- Flexibility to use Unreal Engine, our internal evolution engine and Maya to create digital art to meet the needs of our internal and external projects.
- Compose, edit and add post-processing to elements as needed without compromising the integrity of the article or betraying our fundamental principles of truth in advertising.
- Leverage experience and instinct to creatively solve problems as they arise in the asset production pipeline, while meeting goals, setting deadlines and setting targets illustration objectives to the promotional items defined in the creative briefs.
- Actively participate in the feedback loop; accept feedback and provide feedback within the marketing team.
- Possess the ability to multi-task effectively, prioritize competing demands, and the organizational skills to document and take action based on feedback discussed throughout the review process.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- A team player with excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Willingness and ability to learn new techniques and best practices.
- Experience in achieving strategic goals/creative strategy within digital assets
- Mastery of design principles and color theory, typography, lighting and composition.
- Mastery of 3D rendering software and techniques and 2D digital software
- Proficiency in industry standard game engines
- Adapt the perception and scope of projects to deadlines while maintaining quality end results.
- Have an original enthusiasm and interest in video games.
- Digital painting experience is a plus
- Knowledge of creating social media content and organizing source files for easier reuse of digital and print assets is also a plus.
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks among the top independent video game development studios in the world. Originally co-creating the multimillion-selling Epic Games Unreal® franchise, including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign and The Darkness® II. The studio achieved its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game Warframe®, which boasts a global community of 50 million registered players across PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.