Crytek is looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join the Crysis 4 (working title) team at our studio based in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Work with lead artist and other artists to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of environmental assets;
- Understand and follow style guides to ensure game consistency;
- Create believable and photorealistic environments in CRYENGINE;
- Create game-ready assets given technical limitations;
- Manage and Guide junior artists on the team;
- Giving and accepting instructions;
- Explore new technologies on given platforms to achieve the best possible results;
- Work within interdisciplinary teams of artists and level designers;
- Work collaboratively with our tech-art department to improve workflow;
- Coordinate with other studio groups, including level design and production, to achieve project goals;
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistently high level of quality;
- Exemplify a desire to learn and grow professionally.
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years of game development experience;
- Latest generation and/or current console experience;
- Expert interpretation of current Game Art processes, limitations and dependencies;
- Strong ability to create believable and realistic environments in a real-time engine;
- Solid knowledge of 3ds Max or Blender, Photoshop, Substance Designer/Painter and Zbrush;
- Solid knowledge of common real-time game engines;
- Established interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to manage and supervise mid to junior level artists and willingness to perform mentoring duties;
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback;
- Good communication and writing skills in English;
- Positive, problem-solving and team-oriented attitude;
- Be proactive and motivated, work without direct supervision.
A portfolio that indicate the following:
- Focus on environmental art
- Mastery of high and low poly modeling
- Mastery of texturing, following PBR rules
- Strong technical skills (modeling/baking/UVs/modularity/shaders)
- Strong artistic skills (shapes/colors/proportions/lighting)
- Attention to detail and realism
- Experience with CRYENGINE;
- Experience creating procedural content;
- Skills in traditional painting;
- Experience in photogrammetry;
- Outsourcing experience.
About the Company
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany. Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to develop new technologies or push the boundaries of genres to do so, we will. With nearly two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek leverages its unique combination of experience and skills and continues to make an impact through innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.