To earn this spot, you have experience creating high-quality VFX art, fierce artistic skills in composition and modeling, aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, an in-depth knowledge of FPS gameplay/landscape and a deep passion for video games. .
- Creating stunning visual effects for the FPS genre using proprietary real-time particle systems.
- High standards of artist skill in creating texture elements for effects.
- A critical eye and an appreciation of cutscenes when setting up effects.
- Identify and resolve technical issues using performance measurement tools.
- Creatively solve technical problems that arise.
- Work with level designers and team leaders to create special effects for stunning environments and captivating moments.
Skills and Requirements:
- At least 2-3 years developing next-gen visual effects on console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
- Experience and good working knowledge of next-gen hardware limitations and expectations.
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya and Photoshop.
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists and programmers.
- An intimate knowledge of artistic skills (e.g. knowledge of composition, color, 3D modeling and painting).
- Advanced understanding of creating textures for games.
- Advanced understanding of the limitations of runtime effects and how to achieve the best results.
- Solid experience in modeling, animation and/or traditional art.
- High-end rendering of particle effects and fluid dynamics.
- Specialized post-production work for game cutscenes.
- Experience with After Effects.
- Experience and facility with one or more scripting/programming languages.
- Secondary education, Bachelor of Fine Arts or equivalent.
- Ability to participate in other artistic tasks, including light 2D, 3D or conceptual tasks.
- Good understanding of real-time physics systems.
About the Company
Founded in 1990 by brothers Brian and Steve Raffel, Raven Software has grown from a five-person company dreaming of creating a role-playing game for the Amiga to developer of many award-winning games and hit titles, including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently a major contributor to the Call of Duty® franchise.
At Raven, we’ve built our business on expectations. An expectation to always design games that set industry standards for graphics and gameplay. An expectation that award-winning games are the norm. But more than anything, a clear understanding of our market expectations: that is, that we consistently produce the games people want to play. In other words, exactly what we’ve been doing since 1990.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation