Digital Extremes is looking for a Skybox Artist to join our team. You will join a small team working on a demanding artistic project. Your comfort with art theory will be tested by a wide range of settings from landscapes to sci-fi space scenes to surreal abstractions. You should have a good understanding of modern DCC applications. You’ll also need a strong portfolio that demonstrates your craft applied to the high sci-fi sets we create. A perfect candidate will be allowed to work in an Agile environment. An excellent understanding of effective game production techniques, training or experience in traditional art as well as strong compositional skills and an understanding of color theory are preferred assets.
- Use traditional art training and knowledge of 3D art, design, and computer graphics software to create effective, high-quality skybox assets and compositions.
- Translate 2D concepts and target images into 3D reality, including modeling, texturing, UV mapping, and more.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Lead Artist to understand the creative direction and ensure proper execution of the game’s visual design
- Bring innovative and original ideas to all artistic aspects of game production and development
- Deliver the work on time and according to the schedule prepared by the Art Director
- Actively participate in the feedback loop, including accepting feedback from the art team and providing feedback within the art team as needed, staying on top of project scope and understanding
- Coordinate with production and the team on the generation and delivery of marketing assets as defined by the schedule
- Multitask, prioritize competing demands, and track details
- Support and mentor other artists who are less experienced and need more direction
- 3+ years of knowledge in the video game industry
- University degree in visual arts with specialization in graphic design, commercial art, graphic communication or comics OR college diploma in graphic arts
- A portfolio that demonstrates an excellent ability to work from concept, modeling and texturing
- Deep lighting skills creating normal maps and applying shaders
- Above average ability to model, texturize, and optimize props and assets for a state-of-the-art next-gen game engine
- Possess exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Experience with a modeling program like Max, ZBrush and Photoshop
- Experience with World Machine, Vray, Houdini FX, FumeFX,
- Experience with Very Beneficial Substance products
- Have a genuine interest and enthusiasm for Warframe
About the Company
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes is among the best independent game development studios in the world. Originally co-creating the multi-million selling Epic Games Unreal® franchise, including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign and The Obscurity® II.
The studio achieved its biggest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game Warframe®, which boasts a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
The benefits of a career at Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matched RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness Grants for Work-Life Balance
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation