At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and create new ways to foster friendship and connection. It’s there that you intervene !
Do you enjoy visualizing exciting new worlds, daring characters, and thrilling scenes through concept art? We’re looking for an outstanding Senior Concept Artist for our new D&D Digital Team!
Our team explores new ways to bring beloved stories, playstyles, and experiences from 50 years of Dungeons & Dragons to life through digital products.
What will you do:
- Organize references, develop moodboards and illustrate original concepts from visual and written briefs.
- Bring in new creative ideas and be forward-thinking in your visual designs.
- Create character concepts as examples that develop the vision and set the standard for other artists’ future concepts.
- Comment on the concept’s outsourcing efforts.
- Help the art director develop and organize the art style guide
Skills and Requirements:
- At least 2 years as a concept artist, including PC, console and AAA development work.
- Ability to quickly scan through thumbnails/sketches/drafts digitally and bring concepts to final color rendering as needed.
- Ability to work with the following subjects in a variety of genres: characters (costumes, weapons), creatures, and VFX (visual processing and animation keyframes for VFX, spells, or others).
- Ability to receive and implement feedback and provide written and visual feedback to external artists as needed.
- Excellent fundamental artistic skills in areas such as anatomy, shape language, color, composition, lighting, perspective and communication in a clear emotional tone, with a stronger focus on creative problem solving via iterative concept art on polished renderings or illustrations.
- Strong understanding of current video game concept art processes and pipelines.
- A diplomatic, empathetic and collaborative approach.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to outline the general content and requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or job requirements.
- We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations to participate in the application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other employment-related benefits and privileges. If you are selected to continue our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
- In accordance with local law, we disclose the compensation range for this role. The range shown is only one component of Wizards of the Coast’s overall compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. Additionally, Wizards of the Coast offers a variety of employee benefits. Here’s a look at what your benefits package can include: medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, generous 401(k) matching, paid parental leave, volunteer program, donation and matching gift programs to employees, tuition reimbursement, product discounts, and more.
About the Company
Legendary games. Adventures of a lifetime.
We create entertainment that inspires creativity, sparks passion, builds friendships and strengthens communities around the world.
Our games seek to harness the boundless energy and imagination of our players.
In every pursuit, our mission is to inspire a lifelong love of games.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation