- In this role, you will work closely with our level architects and consult with them on composition and art during the blocking phases of levels, then with environmental storytelling in mind, you will fill these areas with assets bringing environments taking them from the blank box stage to final quality.
- If you like the idea of taking ownership of a level and having a major role in developing the look of environments while contributing to the overall game experience, then this position is for you!
- We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. At Remedy, we value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all of our team members.
- Be an important part of creating the environment by owning and setting up environments in collaboration with your level team. You enjoy creative problem solving by creating prototypes and going through levels using Unreal 5.
- As the lead environment artist, you are able to provide advice on level composition and art style, as well as take a white box level and have assets to bring it to a final quality that corresponds to the artistic direction.
- Advise, review and provide feedback and guidance to external development on maintaining asset quality and art style.
- Proactively communicate with different departments and provide accurate time estimates for your work.
- You have previous work experience as a Senior Environment Artist, Senior 3D Artist, or in an equivalent role.
- You have a good understanding of form, composition and layout.
- You are an EU experienced user.
- You know how to work with Maya, 3DS Max or other 3D software packages and have a good technical understanding of game engines.
- You are self-motivated and proactive with a dedication to improving your craft.
- You actively follow the development of environment creation technology with a particular interest in proceduralism and UE5.
- You enjoy working in a team, sharing ideas and learning from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues from different departments and you are able to communicate and present your ideas clearly. As a member of the team, you are committed to contributing to a friendly and inclusive work environment.
- Additionally, a background in traditional art and any relevant experience or studies, for example, photography or architecture and experience using level/environment editors are beneficial in this role.
- At Remedy, you work on impressive and memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard and the workload remains manageable. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to further develop your skills. Additionally, in Finland and Sweden, you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in the Helsinki metropolitan area of Finland, a safe country with an exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature on your doorstep. If you are not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can focus on the work, while we take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
About the Company
Remedy Entertainment Plc. is a globally successful console and PC games company founded in 1995 and based in Espoo, Finland. Remedy creates blockbuster cinematic action games that break media boundaries and push the boundaries of 3D character, storytelling and visual effects technology. Remedy games include Death Rally, Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, and Quantum Break.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation