SkyBox Labs is excited to add a Senior Environment Artist to our showcase team. This environmental artist will be the first of his discipline on our growing team and will have the opportunity to have a lasting impact on the art in this game. By joining the team from the early stages of development, you will play a central role in the creations and will be a key collaborator in the process, from the first stages to the release and beyond.
You will collaborate with the designers and creative team to develop high quality overall assets and layouts, and deliver new content. The ideal candidate for this role values communication and great collaboration. You know what goes into making a high-quality game – and you’re ready to create new graphics, tweaks, and fix art bugs.
About your role:
- Work with existing game and library assets and create new high-quality 3D environment assets
- Work with artists and designers to create an immersive and captivating world and environment
- Collaborate with designers to improve world layouts
- Optimize assets to ensure performance goals are met
- Participate in portfolio reviews and help hire the art team
- Provide mentorship to team members as the team grows
- Recommend new techniques, tools and workflows to improve quality and efficiency
Skills and Requirements
This is what we are looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience in game development as a senior artist creating high quality environment assets for games
- Experience working on AAA titles and PC/console games is an asset
- Experience working on world layouts, hard surfaces and props
- Mastery of Maya, Photoshop and ZBrush. 3Ds Max is a plus.
- Optimization experience
- Strong technical skills with knowledge of game engines and how to export assets
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have:
- Proven leadership experience, with the ability to receive and provide effective feedback
- A portfolio and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills is required in order to be considered for this position
About the Company
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio working on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our projects include work as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft universe, development support for Fallout 76, and development of unannounced titles, including partner projects and internal intellectual property. As one of Vancouver’s fastest growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has grown from a group of 8 people developing indie projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists , designers, producers, and more.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation