We are searching for a skilled Graphics Engineer to join our increasing Minecraft team! This is an exciting chance to work on cutting-edge technology with modern graphics APIs across multiple platforms at one of the biggest AAA game franchises in the world.
- Develop and optimize high-performance real-time graphics functionality
- Refactor rendering systems to improve functionality performance
- Try out new features and updates while taking advantage of modern rendering techniques.
- Build strong relationships and communicate effectively with internal team members and our external partners.
- Identify issues and suggest improvements to rendering techniques, tools, and workflows
- Provide updates on technology risks and roadblocks to project managers.
- Learn new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs.
- Share your knowledge and impact our entire studio!
- 5+ years of experience working on real-time graphics and rendering systems for games.
- Strong knowledge of C++ programming
- Knowledge of developing games for PC and/or console
- Proficiency with modern graphics APIs like DirectX 12, OpenGL, and Vulkan
- Strong debugging, profiling and optimization skills.
- Deep skills of rendering architecture, pipelines, and runtime optimization
- Knowledge of advanced and modern rendering techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have:
- A passion for Minecraft!
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio working on some of the most iconic games in the world. Our projects include working as co-developers on Halo Infinite and projects in the Minecraft universe, as well as supporting the development of Fallout 76 and developing our own internal IP. As one of the fastest growing game studios in Canada, since its inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has grown from a group of 8 to a team of over 250 engineers, artists, animators, designers, producers and more. Join us at our studios in Burnaby or Victoria, or have the opportunity to work remotely in Canada on select projects!
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation