Looking to work with enthusiastic experts who take on challenges in the entertainment industry and beyond? At Ubisoft Toronto, we are always striving to improve, be better, and do better by embracing innovative ideas, exploring new technologies, and working together boldly and collaboratively.
- Collaborate with other Art Leaders and the Art Director to discuss and develop the vision for the game;
- Coordinate and motivate character modelers as they develop and refine their character art throughout the 3D pipeline;
- Organize and lead regular team meetings to assign tasks, set priorities, discuss progress, etc.
- Balance creative respect with technical limitations while maintaining quality and performance standards.
- Review the embedded work, making sure it aligns with the art direction and can be animated well;
- Provide constructive advice and feedback to develop a consistent and quality visual style;
- Stay up to date on the best trades to keep up with the industry;
- Take part in recruiting to build and develop your character modeling team;
- A college degree in 3D modeling, fine arts, or equivalent;
- At least 5 years of modeling, texturing or other relevant experience.
- Photoshop skills and 3D software.
- Solid understanding of topology, materials, textures, proportions, and anatomy + game animation and boundaries;
- Excellent tutoring, communication, organizational, time management, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Flexibility and a lot of ingenuity;
- A highly collaborative, creative and empathetic spirit;
- A super sharp and trained eye for detail;
- Knowledge of project management software (eg Jira), optimization techniques and 3D scanning are a plus;
What to send us
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, skills and any submitted games;
- A portfolio of your best work in 3D (send us a link to your personal online portfolio).
- A hybrid and flexible work model
- six weeks vacation
- An enhanced parental leave program
- Complete set of total rewards:
- Disability insurance
- dental insurance
- Complementary medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP Contribution
- moving assistance
- Bonuses (if any)
At Ubisoft Toronto, we’re looking for people who are excited about creating the future of gaming in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our individuality helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.