About the Position
As a Technical Artist, you will be responsible for the complete real-time rendering of weapons and props between external studios and our many art outsourcing partners. This involves working with Activision’s internal teams to successfully coordinate content batches and ensure quality is above standard. You will help improve workflows and the visual quality of these weapons.
Primary issue can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work with the weapons team and graphics engineers to create material masks and shaders to integrate into the engine. Improve visual fidelity of weapons with proper implementation.
- Writing technical documentation for internal and external artists.
- Experience developing shaders in a real-time engine.
- Pay support to internal and external artists and engineers regarding asset performance and PBR validation.
- Examine the creative process and identify opportunities to improve tools to support internal and external Tech Art departments.
- Help with internal/external integration.
- Maintain a clean local directory and confluence pages with completed and in-progress work.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Work with the Weapons TD to ensure pipeline compatibility and direction.
- Work with graphic engineers and lead artists on related R&D.
- At least 2 years of experience as a weapons artist and/or technology artist.
- 2+ years of experience creating game art assets in different software packages including Maya, Zbrush and Substance Painter.
- Advanced understanding of the GGX-Spec Gloss PBR pipeline.
- Strong knowledge of real-time physical rendering of dielectrics and metals.
- Strong knowledge of substance painting.
- Have shipped AAA titles on PC, console or mobile as a technical artist and/or weapons artist.
- Knowledge of high level/low level coding language. (Python, HLSL/GLSL, C#, etc.)
- Jira experience.
- Confluence Experience.
- Strong knowledge of texturing weapons.
- Strong knowledge of real-world weapons.
About the Company
Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty franchise Founded in 2002.
Titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 “Game of the Year” awards and 100 “Editor’s Choice” awards, among many other industry honors.
In 2007, the studio released Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, a groundbreaking title that set the bar for the modern first-person shooter.
Our latest releases, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Call of Duty: Ghosts, broke records with the fastest revenue-generating launches of any entertainment product.
In 2014, Infinity Ward merged with Neversoft, bringing two talented and accomplished groups together under one roof, with the goal of creating the best games possible.
Infinity Ward is located in Woodland Hills, California, just outside of Los Angeles.