High Voltage is looking for a Technical Game Designer to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll use your experience, knowledge of design tools, and a great sense of scale to improve project quality and delight players with new experiences. If you’re a game designer who enjoys creating engaging experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
- Design fun experiences for our players. How to think outside the box to offer something new?
- Master the implementation of large parts of these experiences from start to finish. Blueprint Scripting, Replication, sequences, replays etc.
- Work closely with design leadership to implement and refine engaging gaming experiences.
- Use Unreal Blueprint to implement game content.
- Be the go-to person for the implementation of complex content that extends the capabilities of existing systems or projects requiring strong artist/designer/engineer interaction.
- Iterate, adjust and balance game systems and mechanics.
- Be an advocate for player experience and create compelling user stories.
- Test and verify your work on the target hardware.
- 3+ years of game design experience with at least one game delivered.
- Creation of your own functional prototypes.
- Expertise with visual scripting languages; specifically, with the UE4 Blueprints.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically with a deep understanding of how gameplay works and how to create fun and meaningful experiences for the player.
- Knowledge of the UE4 sequencer.
- A keen and innate sense of design, willing to proactively identify design and technical issues and ready to resolve or seek assistance when needed.
- Technically proficient and able to work independently in a small team environment within a larger team.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate your ideas and collaborate with others.
- Passionate about video games.
- Must be currently eligible to work in the US and locally in New Orleans, LA or Hoffman Estates, IL
- C++/C# experience.
- The diversity of skills is a strength! We are a small team, so interdisciplinary skills are highly valued.
- Experience with network replication.
If you have a passion for games and meet the above criteria, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we will contact you shortly.
All positions are located in our New Orleans, LA or Hoffman Estates, IL offices.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation