We needed an inspiring and creative plant artist to join our growing team. As a Plant Artist, you will work alongside our Art Director and Lead Artist to deliver unique visual worlds and experiences to players on PC and consoles. We’re searching for someone with experience, vision, and passion for creating cutting-edge games.
- Create high-quality 3D foliage assets, ensuring good integration while taking into account the technical and gameplay requirements of different biomes.
- Work closely with the Art Director, Lead Artist, and Concept Artists to define all foliage needs while following the artistic style of the project.
- Collect references, plan foliar assets and collaborate with producers to be able to plan milestones
- Actively seek feedback from the Lead Artist and Art Director to continually improve and maintain high quality standards.
- Work artists to identify and implement procedural rules and guidelines as well as create and maintain foliage documentation.
- Creation of vegetation sets and integration into levels
- Three plus years of skills in AAA game development, modeling and texturing
- Deep Skills of Speedtree, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance Painter and Baking Tools
- Solid skills of Speedtree and other relevant software packages such as Substance and Photoshop
- Competence in environmental composition within EU 4 or 5
- In-depth skills of real-time pipelines and technical requirements
- Ability to work creatively and proactively within a large or small group
- Good Collaboration and ability to identify and report issues
- Knowledge of vegetation implementation procedures
- Good understanding of shapes, forms and silhouettes
What’s Nice to Have
- Advanced knowledge of procedural vegetation creation
- Experience with Houdini is a plus
- Experience in creating artistic documentation
About the Company
Romero Games is home to a group of dedicated, fun and experienced game developers based in Galway, Ireland. We build a vibrant, fun company culture that improves the lives of those we work with. Here, everyone is passionate about their job. We create and develop the type of games we love to play.