We have an exciting offer for you if you have a deep passion for visual effects! Come to join our inventors team and work on exciting new projects.
We need talented visual effects artists to join our high caliber team in creating effects for exciting new projects. Working alongside our team of experienced developers, you’ll have the option to hone your skills alongside some of the best creatives in the industry!
We are a very focused and ambitious team, searching for a VFX artist who lives and breathes VFX, in addition to being passionate about video games in general.
- Work with the team to plan and deliver stunning, realistic, and stylized visual effects using our proprietary game engine and tools.
- Use our in-house particle editor and other tools to create high-quality effects such as fire, smoke, explosions, debris, clouds and more, and help influence the further development of in-house technologies.
- Work with the art and design team on aspects of game development.
- Communicate with our dedicated team of artists, designers, animators, and programmers to realize our ambition for next-gen visuals.
- Elestrate creativity and technical ability, ensuring that visual effects work well and stay within budget.
- Participants should have previous experience as a VFX artist or a strong portfolio of work demonstrating a high level of VFX skill.
- A solid understanding of visual effects fundamentals: gameplay, form, timing, motion, contrast, color, and composition.
- Attention to detail is crucial, supported by observational skills to create authentic, believable and dynamic effects.
- A solid understanding of real-time game engines and particle systems.
- A mindset that encompasses both aesthetic and technical aspects of visual effects as well as a proactive, pragmatic and curious nature to find the best possible way to create an effect.
- An understanding of how to create effective and well-balanced effects.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively on shared projects.
- Skill of the range of visual techniques used to produce high quality effects in modern games.
- In-depth understanding of memory and performance pitfalls and the techniques and tricks a VFX artist can use to avoid them.
- Knowledge with 3D and image manipulation software, such as Maya, FumeFX, Photoshop, After Effects and Houdini or other equivalents.
- Strong knowledge of industry technology trends.
- Proactive and motivated.
- The love of video games.
- Skill of game lighting and other FX systems such as full screen effects etc.
- The cinematic experience is beneficial if you can also demonstrate that you are working in a real-time environment.
Offer For you
- We offer the opportunity to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and sustainable games in a creative and collaborative environment.
- We love what we do and work hard to provide great experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing the company’s success and helping our teams continue to do what they love.
- Wellness is a priority at Frontier and we are continually evolving the way we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work-life balance and run a variety of wellness activities, initiatives and sessions to support mental and physical health.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including an annual success-based bonus, stock option plans, pension, life insurance, private family health care, flexible work hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, catering subsidized internship, assisted relocation, Cycle to Work Program and free bicycle service, and social events.
- We welcome and encourage applications from qualified applicants regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil union, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.