About the Contest
The Sock Design contest, organized annually by Sock It to Me, recently opened its doors, now in its 19th year for 2023, inviting all fans and artists around the world to participate. This is your chance to design your own socks and possibly win the opportunity to see them produced.
Sock It to Me has held this design competition every year since the company was founded in 2004. It has been a fundamental and extremely crucial backbone of the company, as the competition has consistently and powerfully contributed to the growth of Sock.
Entrants are invited to submit unique sock designs.
- You may submit a maximum of 5 original entries per person and a maximum of 6 colors per design may be used.
- The organizers are looking for models they don’t already have (take a look at their current line on the official site to see what’s already available). Also avoid intricate details or gradients as these are difficult to translate onto a sock. You can design any style you want (crew, knee, etc.), although this can be changed during production.
- Approximately 30 Semi-Finalists will be chosen and offered for public voting between August 14 and 20, 2023. Judging of Semi-Finalists and voting of Finalists will be based on the following criteria:
- Simplicity of design
- Use of up to six colors
- Use of flat and solid colors, NO shading, blending or halftones
- Using Pattern
- Judging to select the 3 winners will be based on all of the above finalist criteria, plus the following additional criteria: Use of images, themes, patterns or designs different from our current line.
- All socks produced are first created with permission from the artist. If they like a design that doesn’t win, they’ll contact you to see if you’re interested before continuing with production.