About the Contest
A dynamic and ambitious Venetian company established in 1994 with the aim of setting the standards of excellence in the world of drinking glassware, recently announced its DRINK? Design Award inviting young artists and designers attending international universities to transform an ordinary drinking glass into a disruptive piece of design.
To be eligible, projects must meet the following criteria:
- Type of product: Water glass
- Place of use: At the table
- Functionality: The inlet should be a water container that can be put into the mouth with one hand. It must be stable so that it can be placed on a horizontal surface.
- Sustainability: Applicants should consider how their application respects the environment in terms of choice of materials and production methods.
- Materials: Entrants are free to use any combination of one or more materials, provided they do not use glue or chemical resins.
Only one project can be submitted per participant or group.
The winning project will be selected based on its functionality, aesthetic quality, durability and originality.
The jury is made up of the Laguna~B team, made up of experts in glass production and design.
The winner will be announced at an awards ceremony on December 14, 2023.
- A graphic representation of the project consisting of a maximum of two (2) horizontal A3 sheets (42 x 29.7 cm).
- The file must include: a project name, a graphic rendering of the object including its dimensions; a conceptual description; information on materials, colors and finishes; and a mood board with sources of inspiration; any other information or details you would like the jury to have. Files must be in .pdf format in RGB. Documents should be legible and use Arial font.
- The file must not exceed 50 MB.
- The texts must therefore be written in English.
The winning project will be selected based on its functionality, aesthetic quality, durability and originality and will receive a cash prize of €2,500.