We needed a talented, creative, and collaborative 3D environment artist to join our core team developing high-quality maps for one of the largest Metaverse projects ever. The ideal candidate will focus on creating stunning and beautiful environments and props based on well designed and visually appealing concept pieces.
- Create models for environments, structures, lighting studios, and other props for large playable maps.
- Proficient in modeling, combining game style and concepts using Zbrush, Maya or Blender.
- Use your modeling expertise to ensure production meets the highest standards of quality, performance, and polish.
- Attend reviews, receive feedback, and the ability to go back to preliminary steps if necessary.
- Work as part of a united and fast-paced team: collaborate with artists and technology to achieve a unified vision of our project.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
Skills and Requirements
- More than 3 years of professional experience as an environmental artist in the gaming and/or VF/film industry.
- Ability to quickly iterate on an idea and bring an asset to an optimized final state.
- Great ability to design both interior and exterior environments, from furnished spaces to excellent views.
- Strong knowledge of Substance Painter, Maya and ZBrush is required.
- Enterprising personality, self-sufficient and willing to assume more than one object at a time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience in leadership or team management in AA game development.
- Knowledge of Substance Designer and Photoshop is a plus.