As an Animator, your primary responsibility will be to produce exceptional character, creature, and vehicle movements using a blend of hand-key animation and motion capture techniques. You will work closely with designers, artists, and engineers to breathe life into characters and environments for a turn-based strategy game that takes place in the Star Wars universe.
- Author motion for gameplay and cinematic scenes using a combination of hand-key and motion capture methods.
- Animate cameras for gameplay and cinematic moments.
- Provide positive and constructive feedback to animators and rigging artists by participating in animation rounds.
- Create and maintain animation graphs to support the implementation of animation assets.
- Aid in the organization and maintenance of large libraries of motion.
- Support rigging artists in the creation of new rigs and skinning of skeletal meshes.
- Strong understanding of the principles of animation.
- Multiple shipped games, preferably using Unreal Engine.
- Experience using 3D software (Maya and/or Motion Builder preferred).
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness.
- Strong self-management, organizational, and communication skills.
- Eﬀective time management skills to meet deadlines and milestones.
About the Company
Located in Hunt Valley, Maryland, Bit Reactor is an independent AAA video game studio founded by a team of veteran developers with a history and passion for revolutionizing player experiences. We believe in a balanced approach to development where rock-solid gameplay works in harmony with deep storytelling, immersive presentation, and high production values to create genre-defining games. Our team has a track record of shipping award-winning franchises XCOM, Civilization, and Elders Scrolls Online and is excited to usher in a new era of games that blur the line between strategy and action.
While we are already hard at work on our first title, the crew at Bit Reactor is also focused on creating a “team first” environment where creativity and passion are valued. We believe that the collective is stronger than any one individual and that a highly collaborative process paired with experimentation is the key ingredient to making truly innovative games.