Come join UNSEEN as a technical procedural artist!
You will join our team to develop procedural world-building processes.
The ideal candidate for this role pushes the boundaries of Houdini or Blender Geometry Nodes, looking for new ways to use procedural tools as an artist as well as a technical expert.
We are looking for an experienced procedural technical artist to lead and mentor our procedural production team.
- Propose and build technological approaches to artistic expression
- Propose, create and streamline workflows and pipelines for game development
- Improve work efficiency with procedural workflows
- Take charge of the technically difficult parts of the job and complete them on time
- Build and manage hardware networks in Unreal Engine
- Optimize the output of 2D/3D applications to Unreal Engine
- Expand scripts and plug-ins to elegant manufacturing processes
- Work closely with artists and engineers on the above tasks at all times
Skills and Requirements
- Communication skills to verbalize the imaginative expressions of artists and to propose and create new techniques and methods of making these expressions
- Stay on top of new technologies and artistic expressions, and explain and interact with other teammates in an easy-to-understand way
- Emphasis on team development and the ability to collaborate and work with personnel from other disciplines
- Hands-on experience in game production with Houdini Engine, Houdini Digital Assets
- Portfolio conveying artistic expression and technical skills using Houdini
- Spoken and written English skills (Japanese is a plus)
About the company
We are a borderless and mysterious game development studio created by artists, founded by Ikumi Nakamura. Our goal at UNSEEN is to combine exciting world-building, engaging gameplay and impressive visual quality into focused and unique experiences. Although many of our team members have experience working on major AAA titles, our approach emphasizes quality over quantity.