As a senior VFX artist on the team, you will be required to work daily alongside designers, other artists, programmers and producers, conceptualizing and creating a wide range of visual effects for our games that achieve the goals of production and quality set for the project. You will also work closely with the Senior Visual Effects Artist to define the style and quality standard of the games.
You will need to estimate timelines for your tasks in advance and provide milestones as part of the development process. You must be able to show creative leadership to the VFX team, inspiring them to work to their best and take pride in what they invent.
Role You Play:
- Responsible for conceptualizing and creating a wide range of visual effects for the game, in line with the game design and vision.
- Creation of high-quality game-specific and cinematic visual effects using an in-house editor and bundled packages (Maya and Photoshop).
- Liaise with build artists and code regarding placement and triggering of gameplay specific visual effects.
- Communicate any game design risks or concerns that impact the schedule.
- Work with the VFX Manager and Art Director to ensure consistency between the vision and the implementation of effects.
- Work closely with other departments on large effect levels to balance frame rate.
- Make sure the job/level meets all memory and frame rate guides/restrictions for all required platforms.
- Understand that changes and amendments are part of the pipeline.
- Responsible for planning and prioritizing assigned workload within given deadlines.
- Attend meetings to note VFX requirements in conjunction with Level Director
- Help mentor other VFX artists and lead by example.
- Document and communicate to the team clear technical guidelines for visual effects creation and real-time implementation.
- Solve an assortment of complex art/VFX development problems for other VFX artists.
- Work closely with the Visual Effects Manager and Engine Programmers to create future tools and improve pipelines and graphics potential.
- Actively develop and improve skill set by keeping up to date with industry trends and techniques, evaluating competing products and learning new software packages.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training as required.
- Support the main artist in all ad hoc tasks and functions.
- Other tasks as needed
Qualifications & Experience:
- Outstanding portfolio demonstrating VFX work.
- Demonstrable production experience as a VFX artist in the games industry, preferably on console titles.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Good working knowledge and proficiency in a 3D application, preferably Maya.
- Strong Photoshop editing skills to create texture effects for use with particle systems.
- Advanced skills in software used in game development (e.g. UE4, Unity).
- Thorough knowledge of major visual effects and a good sense of timing and staging.
- Understanding of shaders and rendering pipeline as it relates to visual effects.
- Practical and methodical approach to solving technical and creative problems.
- Experience with a scripting language would be a big plus.
- Experience with fluid simulation tools (e.g. FumeFX) would be a plus.
- Highly motivated and showing initiative.
- Ability and willingness to accept and follow instructions and collaborate productively with others.
- Exceptional attention to detail and concern for quality.
About the Company
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO video game series, TT Games Studios is on a mission to delight kids and adults alike. With 30 years of success behind our studio and as a valued member of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world’s biggest entertainment properties.
We’re always on the lookout for bright, talented and driven people to join our AAA studio and be a part of everything we do, because we know it’s the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our 30 years of possible successes.
TT Games Studios offers successful applicants a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here are our fantastic people! We aim to foster work-life balance, and some of the perks we’re most proud of include: flexible hours and other family-friendly perks; discretionary bonus system; company pension plan and life insurance. We also offer benefits such as: discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, free fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more. !
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to thrive within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation