We need a very talented and knowledgeable Vehicle Artist to join our team.
F1 Manager is the officially licensed F1 management simulation that aims to deliver the most detailed and authentic motorsport management experience on the market. A true AAA management title, F1 Manager combines the instantly recognizable appearance of the official F1 brand with an exhilarating broadcast-style daytime experience.
As part of an official F1 title, you would be expected to create race cars and other support vehicles with an exceptional degree of precision and quality that will meet the high standards of our licensees. It’s an exciting opportunity to be part of a team of skilled developers working alongside real-world Formula 1 teams to create one of the most authentic representations of the world’s most thrilling motorsport.
- Create and/or modify 3D vehicle assets in-game within a given time frame and budget.
- Collaborate with the art team both internally and externally, acting positively on art direction and feedback, to complete work with high quality and required art style.
- Interpret 2D concept art and reference into precise 3D models that capture the spirit of the concept as well as the technical dimensions.
- Understand and adapt the context of the asset – how it should be configured and its gameplay potential.
- Professional experience building vehicles for a AAA racing title
- A keen interest in motorsports and Formula 1
- Ability to work with data from the F1 teams themselves to create highly accurate game-ready assets
- Exceptional and demonstrable vehicle modeling skills (high and low poly)
- Ability to appreciate, respond and provide constructive criticism
- A solid understanding of mesh topologies and optimization techniques for gaming
- Excellent 2D texturing skills
- Strong PBR texturing skills (physical rendering) using Substance Painter
- An organized and methodical approach to your work and quality
- Must be motivated, good communicator and good team player
- Work with and create documentation for outsourcing companies
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4+
- A solid knowledge of automotive mechanics
What can we offer you
- We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and sustainable games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do and work hard to deliver great experiences to our gaming communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing the company’s success and helping our teams continue to do what they love.
- Wellbeing is a priority at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work-life balance and run a range of activities, initiatives and wellness sessions to support mental and physical health.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes an annual bonus based on success, stock option plans, pension, life insurance, private family health care, flexible working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, subsidized in-house catering, assisted relocation, Cycle to Work program and free bike service, and social events.
- We welcome and encourage applications from qualified applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or motherhood, religion or beliefs.