We need an unique material artist to join us on an exciting, unannounced sci-fi game! Apply your development experience, technical skills and artistic eye to a wide range of materials, from high tech to beyond. This Position will be responsible for building and developing the library of materials used by the Environment, Weapons, and Props teams and will work closely with the Art and Render teams.
- Create beautiful natural, human, and extraterrestrial materials in a physics-based rendering workflow
- Collaborate with the technical and artistic teams of the environment to define, set up and develop the internal material library
- Manage and maintain performance metrics for materials across a range of gaming assets
- Develop and improve material processes, tools and workflows in collaboration with internal tools and technical teams
- 4+ years of focused AAA game development experience as a hardware artist specializing in hardware development using Substance Designer/Painter
- Knowledge partnering with a visual lead in developing visuals and processes to produce exceptional natural environments and manufactured forms.
- In-depth working knowledge of next-gen asset creation pipelines, tools, and workflows.
- Exceptional understanding of surface properties and workflows associated with materials, lighting and graphics
- Able to collaborate effectively with artists and engineers, with a collaborative approach to problem solving and prototyping.
- Expert building or automating tools through scripts or code is a plus
- A passion for deep and gripping sci-fi stories and role-playing games unites our team.
Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new sci-fi universe for our first cross-platform role-playing video game.
Our goal is to create the best scripted role-playing games in the world.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply:
All applications must include a Portfolio, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation